• Kant is a town in the Chuy Valley of northern Kyrgyzstan, some 20 kilometres (12 mi) east of Bishkek. It is the administrative center of the Ysyk-Ata District (formerly Kant District). Kant was established in 1928.
• The Kyrgyz word for sugar is "kant", and the city received its name when a sugar plant was built there in the 1930s. (It is an often repeated myth that the town was named after the German philosopher Immanuel Kant).
• Kant is an industrial and service center.
• Among notable local enterprises is the Abdysh Ata Brewery, whose products are well known throughout Kyrgyzstan.
• During the Soviet era, Kant and its surrounding area were home to a large number of ethnic Germans who had been forcibly relocated to Central Asia in 1941 from the Volga region when the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic was demolished.
• The climate is cold and temperate. There is more rainfall in the winter than in the summer in Kant.
• The average annual temperature in Kant is 10.2 °C. Precipitation here averages 424 mm.
MBBS in Asian Medical Institute
• Asian Medical Institute came into operation in the year 2004.
• It is located in the city of Kant which is 20 kms away from the capital of Kyrgyzstan i.e. Bishkek.
• It is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), IMED, FAIMER as well as by Medical Council of India (MCI).
•The teaching pattern is a sort of amalgamation of theoretical and practical knowledge helping the students to benefit and learn most from it for becoming a skilled doctor.
• The Asian Medical Institute, Kyrgyzstan is listed in the Avicenna Directory for medicine and also recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kyrgyz.
• It received its recognition from the Ministry of Health, Kyrgyz Republic to train medical professionals, mostly for foreign countries. ASMI students and graduates are eligible for M.C.I, PM&DC and N.MC screening tests.
• The Asian Medical Institute Diploma is a recognized qualification in other countries for the purposes of practicing medicine.
• There are 4 faculties in the institute: Medical , Dentistry, Nursing, preparatory courses
• For students of the institute there are all the conditions for leisure, namely sport halls, gym, swimming pool & etc.
• Institute organize different festivals, tours, games and encourage students to take part in different study and sport competition, For students’ habitation there are such conditions as hostel and separate comfortable apartments with all the conditions . in the building of the hostel there is the student canteen with a snack bar.
• Asian Medical Institute is aimed to teach medical education for foreign citizens entirely in English Language, that's why the selection of faculty has been made on the basis of highly English speaking doctors from different countries that meet the educational requirements of students from any country according to their choice knowledge.
• At Asian Medical Institute, you'll benefit from a Medicine Faculty with impeccable credentials as physicians, teachers and researchers. Every member of faculty holds an M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree. Many are also certified in their specialties.
• The faculty staff uses modern teaching technologies. Their teaching method is based on interactive and critical thinking activities that help the students to learn successfully and achieve good results.
• Our teaching staff is friendly, hospitable, positive, helpful and generally eager to speak with any foreigner.
• On contract basis every year AMI also invites the special team of doctors from USA, UK and Europe to deliver lectures and research medical education.
• Three spacious hostels with all services including boarding facility, for girls and boys, to accommodate students from different countries , are available adjacent to the college premises.
• Security staff remains alert on duty for 24 hours. Transport has been provided for hostilities for their clinical work in affiliated hospital.
• Hostels are supervised by senior teaching faculty members.
• Mess facility is present , in mess cooks are pakistanies, indians and nepalies. Security service protects the hostel.