• Georgia is a country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia.
•Located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe.
• The capital and largest city is Tbilisi.
• Georgia is a unitary, semi-presidential republic, with the government elected through a representative democracy.
• European University is located in Tbilisi, capital of Georgia.
• Tbilisi has a humid subtropical influences. The city experiences very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
MBBS IN EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY
• European University was founded in 1995. Institution is focused on training using the European model, competitive to grow up students, according demands of international labor market .
• European University is staffed by qualified, experienced academic staff and invited specialists, who were educated in the leading universities in Europe, which contributes to the international experience and high-quality, innovation-based learning.
• Institution is completely focused on students, it gives ability ,together with high-quality education, university grants and studying abroad.
• European University is equipped with modern technological base, a diverse library, their own television and with the essential equipment for appropriate programs, which provides all the conditions for a quality education.
• Many foreign students studying at the institution, including the Ukraine, India, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, etc. The university provides a special service for the agency, which helps foreign students to shelter, food and security related issues.
• Institution implements accredited Bachelor and Master programs in the following areas:
• European University has educational campuses in Tbilisi and Lagodekhi.
As adopted by the Council of the Faculty of Medicine on January 20, 2017
Faculty of Medicine Mission
• To create the community of healthcare professionals who help humans relieve of the pain.
• EU Faculty of Medicine community is dedicated to excellence and leadership in medicine, education, research and clinical care.
• To achieve our ultimate goals and ensure the success of our community, we strongly support and value common ideals of collaboration, diversity, respect, integrity, accountability and lifelong learning.
Collaboration & and Service
• We work together to serve our EU Faculty of Medicine, neighboring, national and global communities.
• We respect the diversity among the individuals and consider it as a milestone of the successful academic community.
Integrity & Accountability
• We conduct our work ethically and accountability.
• We help individuals to improve their knowledge and skills using our lifelong learning resources and opportunities.
• Goal 1: Strengthen and sustain the essential infrastructure and academic support that ensures an optimally functioning of the Faculty of Medicine.
• Goal 2: Provide outstanding academic programs and staff training.
• Goal 3: Conduct and disseminate high-quality research, scholarly and teaching activities.
• Goal 4: Engage communities in Tbilisi and beyond through authentic and transformative partnerships to advance public health.
• Goal 5: Ensure excellence among and provide support for our faculty, staff and students.
• European University Faculty of Medicine is well-known for its rich, interdisciplinary curriculum, top-class professors and medical practitioners and an excellent library and electronic database. We have developed partnerships with other leading universities and provide the best possible international student experience.
• Our students enjoy friendly environment and student support throughout their studies. The teaching and research facilities are located in the centre of the city where we have the virtual clinics equipped with modern technologies.
• The University will soon have a multi-disciplinary university clinic and dormitory. We also offer extra curriculum activities including sports and art activities, excursions and cultural awareness tours.
• We prepare our students to meet the requirements of tomorrow’s patients and healthcare systems.
• We thank you for your informed choice and wish you all the best throughout your academic studies.
• Founded: 2003
• Accredited since: 2010
• Dean: Alla Metreveli, Professor of Kinesiology
• Undergraduate students:
• Faculty: 60
Department of Life Sciences
Department of Pharmacy
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Neuroscience
Department of Dentistry
Department of Surgery
Department of Therapy
Clinical Skills Centre
Centre for Academic Success and Achievement
Faculty-wide Research Centers:
Medical Research Institute
Research of Cancer
Cardiovascular Strategic Research Initiative
• Accreditation: The European University Faculty of Medicine was accredited by the National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement of Georgia in 2010.
Accreditation and Recognition
National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement (NCFEQE) of Georgia
• European University Faculty of Medicine is accredited by the National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement (NCFEQE) of Georgia.
• Accreditation is an important process of peer review to assess and verify the quality of institutions, programs and services, and to ensure continuous improvement. Schools, faculties and programs in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and public health are reviewed and accredited by the National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement (NCFEQE), the state accrediting agency at the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia to ensure the quality of education and training in medical disciplines.
• As an active participant of Bologna Process and affiliated member of European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA),the National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement ensures that the educational institutions and programs meet with the standards of ENQA. All accredited programs by NCFEQE are recognized in 48 member countries of Bologna Process in Europe and beyond.
• The World Health Organization (WHO) and Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
• European University Faculty of Medicine is recognized and enlisted in the World Directory of Medical Schools maintained by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
• The mission of the World Directory of Medical Schools is to list all of the medical schools in the world, with accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information on each school. The World Directory of Medical Schools has been developed through a partnership between the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER). The World Directory provides a comprehensive compilation of the information previously contained in the IMED and Avicenna directories.
Medical Council of India
• Medical Council of India is a highest statutory body regulating medical colleges, affiliation, new colleges, and doctors registration in India. It is also the highest authority in the country which recognizes foreign diplomas of Indian nationals.
• The European University has been recognized by the Medical Council of India since 2016. The information can be found here.
Council of Higher Education of Turkey
• The higher education system in Turkey is supervised by the Council of Higher Education (CoHE). The CoHE is an autonomous institution which is responsible for the planning, coordination and governance of higher education system in Turkey in accordance with the Turkish Constitution and the Higher Education Laws.
• The European University Faculty of Medicine is recognized by the Council of Higher Education of Turkey.
• Recognition is a formal acknowledgement by a competent authority of the value of a foreign educational qualification with a view to access to educational and /or employment activities.
An International Association For Medical Education (AMEE)
• European University is a member of prestigious the Association for Medical Education in Europe, which is a worldwide organization with members in 90 countries on five continents.
• AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education. AMEE, working with other organizations, supports teachers and institutions in their current educational activities and in the development of new approaches to curriculum planning, teaching and learning methods, assessment techniques and educational management, in response to advances in medicine, changes in healthcare delivery and patient demands and new educational thinking and techniques.
WHED-International Association of Universities' Worldwide Database of Higher Education Institutions, Systems and Credentials
• European University as an accredited university is in the database of International Association of Universities (IAU), the UNESCO-based worldwide association of higher education institutions.
• The IAU WHED Portal*, a service provided by the International Association of Universities (IAU), is the unique tool where you can find comprehensive information on higher education systems and credentials in 182 countries and over 18,000 higher education institutions.
• Universities provide accommodation to their students. Hostels are equipped with internet service and other allied facilities. Generally, three students are allotted a room. These rooms are fully furnished and have attached bathroom with them. The hostels are guarded 24/7 by trained security personnel.
• The hostel proffers students with mess system wherein they are fed on food cooked by an Indian cook with Indian spices and contains Indian taste. It includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.