• The Cagayan State University (CSU) is the largest state institution of higher learning in the Cagayan Valley Region, in terms of enrollment and number of curricular program offerings.
• The University was established through Presidential Decree 1436, later amended by Republic Act8292 by the integration of all publicly supported higher education institutions in the province of Cagayan.
• The university is composed of eight(8) campuses in the growth areas in the three congressional districts of Cagayan; the Aparri, Lal-Lo and Gonzaga campuses in the 1st District; the Piat, Lasam and Sanchez- Miracampuses in the 2nd District; and in the 3rd District, the Andrews and Carig campuses in Tuguegarao City.
• Each campus is headed by an Executive Officer (CEO) except in Andrews Campus where the University President concurrently acts as the CEO.
• The seat of governance of the university is at the Andrews Campus, where the central administration holds office.
• The university offers courses in liberal arts, social sciences, law, medicine and allied professions, business and economics, natural sciences,engineering, technology, agriculture and fisheries and teaching, among others.
• It offers the most graduate and undergraduate courses of all the universities in the province of Cagayan.
• In March 2012, Dr. Romeo R. Quilang, former President of the Isabela State University (ISU), was elected by the CSU Board of Regents to serve as the CSU System's fourth president.
• The novel seal of the Cagayan State University is an escutcheon in bordure of gules (Maroon).
• The shield is superimposed with a golden field, which is the map of Cagayan, its service area and the province most- dear to the institution. On top of the shield is the name of the institution, the CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY.
• Common charges are also emphasized depicting its being an educational institution: the book which is the source of knowledge, skills, values and the fountain of life and the torch indicative of the university being the source of light and human enlightenment in the whole province.
• The eight rays bearing from the flame represent the eight (8) strong and effervescent campuses of the university system.
• Below the indomitable ornaments is the motto AD OPTIMUM EDUCANS, a Latin term which means Educating for the Best.
• The Roman numeral at the bottom of the shield is the year when the institution was granted the University title.
|Cagayan Medical University|
Food & Hostel cost is extra. Estimated between Rs. 1.2 to 2 lacs a year.
*depending on lifestyle of the student.
Exchange Rate: Rs. 60 = U$D 1.