• The Philippines, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean.
• To its north across the Luzon Strait lies Taiwan. West across the South China Sea sits Vietnam.
• The Sulu Sea to the southwest lies between the country and the island of Borneo, and to the south the Celebes Sea separates it from other islands of Indonesia.
• It is bounded on the east by the Philippine Sea. Its capital city is Manila.
• With a population of more than 97 million people, the Philippines is the 12th most populated country in the world.
• An additional 12 million Filipinos live overseas.
• Multiple ethnicities and cultures are found throughout the islands.
• Philippines have a democratic government.
• It is a constitutional republic with a presidential system.
• China has been characterized as a potential superpower by a number of academics, military analysts, and public policy and economics analysts.
• The Philippines is an archipelago of 7,107 islands with a total land area, including inland bodies of water, of approximately 300,000 square kilometers (120,000 sq mi). Its 36,289 kilometers (22,549 mi) of coastline makes it the country with the 5th longest coastline in the world.
• It is located between 116° 40', and 126° 34' E. longitude and 4° 40' and 21° 10' N. latitude and is bordered by the Philippine Sea to the east, the South China Sea to the west, and the Celebes Sea to the south.
• The Philippines has a tropical maritime climate and is usually hot and humid.
• Buses, taxis, and motorized tricycles are commonly available in major cities and towns. In 2007, there were about 5.53 million registered motor vehicles with registration increasing at an average annual rate of 4.55%.
• There are 85 public airports in the country, and around 111 more than are private.
• University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH), is a co-education Institution of higherlearning located in Las Pinas City; Metro Manila, Philippines founded in 1975 byDr(Brigadier) Antonio Tamayo, Dr. Daisy Tamayo, and Ernesto Crisostomo as Perpetual Help College of Rizal (PHCR).
• It has nine campuses offering over 70 courses in 20 colleges.
• The University inculcates the Perpetualite values, teachings and principles.
• Graduate of UoPH call themselves Perpetualites with Alumni Chapters in Philippines and USA.
• The institute was given University Status in 1997 by CHED.
• Chairman of the Board is Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo: Masters Hospital Administration from George Washington University and a Ph. D in Organizational Development.
• Vice Chairman is Dr. Daisy Moran Tamayo: Master's in Nursing from New York University, USA & Ph. D in Organization Development.
• The first school building consisting of four floors (the present hospital) was constructed in a remarkable record-breaking period of only four months, which ordinarily takes one year to construct. The school building was created to house the College of Nursing. Around 700 nursing student were enrolled and a few were referrals from the Perpetual Help School in Manila. Perpetual was indeed on its way to becoming a premier university south of Metro Manila.
• In subsequent years, the UPHSD established two branches as well as several agri-businesses which later incorporated into the DALTA Group of companies. The units of DALTA Group are located in Las Pinas City; Molino, Cavite; and Calamba City in Laguna. It also has a Medical Center in Las Pinas City.
• At Asian Medical Institute, you'll benefit from a Medicine Faculty with impeccable credentials as physicians, teachers and researchers. Every member of faculty holds an M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree. Many are also certified in their specialties.
• ACADEMIC ONLINE TEACHER ASSISTANCE (ALTA):
• class list, the class server where teachers can upload their lecture and quizzes, another function of ALTA is access to online grades of encoding, and student evaluation.We hope that this site provides the information that you need to navigate ALTA confidently and easily.
• Universities provide accommodation to their students. Hostels are equipped with internet service and other allied facilities. . The hostels are guarded 24/7 by trained security personnel. There are separate hostels for girls and boys.
• Indian mess is available wherein they are fed on food cooked by an Indian cook with Indian spices and contains Indian taste. It includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
University of Perpetual Help - Manila. MD-MBBS Fees 2014 session
Exchange rate: 44 Philippine Pesos = 1 US $ = 60 Indian rupees.
Fees are denominated in pesos.
Important: Tuition Fees are to be paid directly to the University and not collected by any agent.
Other expenses are:
Admission & Visa processing in India – Rs 50,000.
Visa conversion in Philippines = 700 $ one time.
Air travel @ approx. 20-25,000 one way (we need to buy a 2 way ticket & cancel the return).
Hostel: Approx. Rs. 10,000 for a/c room in hostel (Non A/c room is Rs. 4000/month Private rental), AC Room outside campus is much cheaper.
Food: Rs. 6000 per month from Indian canteen.
There will be NO increase is Fees during the duration of the course.
Free Pen Drive containing MBBS material worth more than Rs 1,00,000 including MCI Screening test questions, USMLE study Materials, Educational Video’s, E Books etc.
Free International Student Card (Access over 40,000 student benefits and discounts in more than 125 countries).
No Hidden cost, NO Donation.