MBBS IN RUSSIA
• The Crimea is a peninsula, or piece of land surrounded by water on three sides.
• It lies on the north shore of the Black Sea in Ukraine, a country in eastern Europe.
• The Perekop Isthmus, the strip of land that joins the peninsula to the mainland, is only 5 miles (8 kilometers) wide
• There are hundreds of industrial companies in the city
• The Crimea is one of the most magic pearls of Russia and its incomparable decoration.
• Crimean Autonomous Republic is divided into 14 districts by administrative structure.
• The number of population of the Crimea is 2 018 400 people, including 1 265 900 people live in cities and 752 500 people in rural locality.
• The enterprises of Crimean food industry produce meat products, animal butter, dairy products, cheeses, oil, can foods, confectionary, and flour.
• Crimea lies in the same latitude as Venice, and its summer temperatures are similar to those on the French and Portuguese Algarve Mediterranean coasts.
• Fresh sea breezes ensure that the high summer temperatures don't become uncomfortable.
• Crimea has two seasons - the warm / hot season, which lasts from May through to October, and the cool season running from November to April.
• Rainfall is light, averaging around 1 inch (38 mm) per month in summer and 3 inches (83 mm) in the cool season.
• In the warm / hot season temperatures rival those of the Mediterranean resorts and the average sea temperature in summer is 23ºC. Swimming begins in earnest in May and continues through to the end of October.
• The Crimean coast is shielded from the north winds by the mountains, and as a result usually has mild winters.
• Cool season temperatures average around 7ºC and it is rare for the weather to drop below freezing except in the mountains, where there is usually snow.
• Flowers are already appearing in March and by April the warm weather is on the way back.
• The official currency unit of the Republic of Crimea is the Russian ruble.
•The transport infrastructure is well-developed in the Crimea. The motor-car communication (freight and passenger transportations) is carried out in city, suburban, interurban and international directions.
• 800 settlements of the Crimea are covered by bus communication or 93 percents of their number
• Simferopol has railway communication with many large junctions of Ukraine and Russia.
• Four commercial ports is marine gate of the Crimea such as Yevpatoria, Kerch, Feodosia and Yalta, besides Kerch is connected by ferriage with Krasnodar Region of the Russian Federation.
• The State International Airport Simferopol functions round-the-clock and can take the aircrafts of any class.
• The airport can serve 14-15 thousand flights. Between the airport, capital of the Crimea and South Coast there are trolleybus, bus and taxi routes.
• The passenger transportation is provided also by the Airport Kerch as well as freight by Dzhankoy.
• International Airport in Simferopol is very near to the university, from Mumbai and Delhi direct flights available for Crimea
Education & health care system
• The scientific-technical and research activity in the Crimea is conducted by 45 research, project and design institutes and bureaus, experimental stations, independent research institutions and branches.
• The specialists of various profiles are trained in 14 higher educational establishments of the Crimea of ІІІ-ІV levels of accreditation, where over 52 thousand students study.
• Over 274 thousand young Crimean get secondary education in 641 schools.
• The system of health protection in Crimean Autonomous Republic is represented by the wide network of regional, city and district hospitals, diagnostic centers, specialized clinics and out-patient clinics, stations and separations of first-aid and others.
• The population of the Crimea and guests are served by 8370 doctors and 18800 medium medical staff.
MBBS IN RUSSIA
• History of the Crimea State Medical University goes back to the beginning of the 21st century:
• In 1918 it was medical faculty of Taurida University.In 1931 it separated and became an autonomous unit – Crimea Medical Institute.
• Since 1995 the higher school has been named in honor of Sergey Ivanovich Georgievsky (rector of the institute in 1951-1970).
• In 1998 the higher school became a university with the 4th (highest) accreditation level.
• Throughout these years the medical school has been a center for academic and vocational medical education and medical science in the Crimea at the same time offering specialized consultation in the directions General Medicine and Pharmacy.
• Today it is an up-to-date educational institution upgrading itself to keep abreast of global trends in medical education and research, developing its intellectual potential and providing top specialists for medical services.
• The University has always been striving for excellence in teaching and research.
• To enhance the quality of education the consecutive model of medical education has been created at the University:
• The preparatory department, preparatory courses and medical lyceum; 5 faculties to train doctors and a faculty of post-diploma education.
• Junior specialists and bachelors are trained in the specialities: Nursing, Prosthetic Dentistry, Pharmacy; doctors, in the specialities: General Medicine, Pediatrics, Clinical Pharmacy and Dentistry.
• Internship is available in 22 specialities. Post-diploma education includes residency, Master’s program and postgraduate study or Ph.D program.
• Refresher courses in 48 specialities are available at the faculty of post-diploma education.
• Today it’s an up-to-date educational institution, which basic task is the development of the state intellectual potential and providing highly qualified specialists for the medical services.
• A model of a continuous medical education was created at the University including preparatory department, preparatory courses and medical lyceum, 4 faculties to train doctors and a post- diploma education faculty.
• Out of 60 departments of the University there are 18 theoretical and 42 clinical departments including 16 departments responsible for the final state examination and 4 departments responsible for educational and Methodical work.
• Specialists and bachelors are trained on specialty: “Nursing”, “Prosthetic dentistry”, “Pharmacy”; doctors : “General Medicine”, ”Pediatrics”, “Clinical Pharmacy”, “Stomatology”. Postgraduates continue their education in one of 11 suggested specialties in internship at the post-diploma faculty.
• Education can be continued in clinical ordinature, post-graduate courses.
• In future a specialist can improve a qualification in one of the 28 specialties at the post-diploma education faculty.
• University is constantly a leader in the rating among the higher medical schools of Ukraine according to the results of the state licensed exams “KROK-M”, “KROK-1”, “KROK-2”, “KROK-3”, being a proof of high level training of the alumni of the University.
• Recognition of the University was also manifested in the results of the last state rating among the higher medical schools of the country.
• CSMU was given the fourth place and in nominations “ Educational and methodical work” and “Financial and economic activity” the second place.
• There are 16 educational buildings and 5 hostel ones; University clinic and polyclinic; sporting complex, cafe, recreation center.
• The area of CSMU is 17.3 hectares. The territory of the University is constantly being equipped with modern amenities, its buildings are reconstructed, and departments are changed.
• Total area of educational and laboratory buildings is around 63 thousand square meters.
• Lecture halls have 3,270 seats. 30 multimedia projectors are used for lecture presentations.
• Various video films are used to improve the ability of teaching staff.
•Independent work of students is supported both by the library stock including around 600 thousand of books and local WEB-site, provided with educational materials.
• Besides modern electronic reading halls of the University have up-to-date electronic text-books, atlases, reference books in three languages: Ukrainian, English, Russian. At the University there are 25 computer classes with 275 seats.
• A computer test center having testing software with hundreds of tests in each discipline allows students to control effectively their level of knowledge and to prepare systematically for the state test examinations.
• There is a University publishing center, issuing a newspaper “Medical Bulletin” (now in English too) and scientific periodicals and also all training and methodical documentations so necessary for the students training.
• The University is particularly proud of its highly qualified academic staff which totals 850 persons, including 99 doctors of science, professors, 356 candidates of science (Ph-holders), assistant professors. 39 professors of the University are academicians and Corresponding Members of native and foreign academies of science, 14 – Laureates of State Prize, 60 – have honorary titles.
• For 75 years the University has been performing its main mission – training students to become professional doctors.
• All the teaching staff and administrative departments of the University work with all their might to graduate a highly professional, intellectual, harmonious specialist.
• The first admission to the University was only 100 students and in 2005 already 900 students were admitted to the CSMU.
• During the first years the contingent of students was several hundreds, now 4.8 thousand of students are trained at the University. Since 1940 a student learned society has been working, the main task of which is to stimulate interest towards science and to educate a scientist.
• More than 600 of students are engaged in research under the direction of the leading lecturers.
• For 25 years the poetic club “Inspiration” has been working at the University.
• With great enthusiasm both students and teaching staff work in it.
• Various holidays like: dedications to students and parties of the graduates; days of the faculty and New year parties; shows like “Doctor Pilulkin” and “Mister and Miss of the CSMU” etc are organized at the recreation center of the University.
• There are 11 dance and vocal choirs at the CSMU.
• The dance ensamble “Younost,” a reiterated laureate and winner of diplomas of republican and international festivals and competitions, is famous in our country. Students stage plays at the student theaters, teams “Club of Cheerful.
• Sports life of the students is also interesting and various.
• Different sports and health clubs and sections are organized for students.
• Competitions and tournaments, sports and athletics meetings in 8 kinds of sports and sports holidays are held annually.
• Sports complex of CSMU includes three blocks, track and field manege, stadium, 2 sports grounds. In its blocks one can find a swimming pool, 7 sports and training halls, tennis courts.
• The Crimea State Medical University is one of the oldest medical universities in Crimea.
• The excellence in teaching at CSMU has been recognized by General Medical Council, Medical Council of India (MCI), UNESCO, WHO and International Educational Society (London).
• In 2006 IES has certified the University and awarded AA category of “Top Institution that is internationally known and recognized”. CSMU was the first medical higher school in Crimea to pass such an international certification.
• Within the IES certification CSMU submitted IES the database of the University qualification, academic staff and students.
• Achievements and professional growth of the University’s graduates together with the results of scientific, international, educational, economic, social and cultural activities of the University have been also submitted.
• According to the agreement, IES popularizes the information about CSMU certification to more than 100 official organizations all over the world.
• Every foreign student graduated from CSMU receives a personal IES certificate together with the MC diploma testifying the quality of education.
• This for certain offers huge opportunities for the student to work and continue studying in any country, where doctors of higher category are requested and appreciated.
• CSMU is aiming to offer an excellent education experience for the international students while cooperating with the university partners and ensuring the quality of medical education of the highest standards.
• With respect to the great demands on higher education worldwide CSMU is convinced that IES certification must contribute to the growth in the international rating of the CSMU graduates.
• The University is particularly proud of its highly qualified academic staff, which totals 850 persons: 99 Doctors of Science, Professors, and 356 Candidates of Science (Ph.D. holders), Associate Professors. 40 University professors are academicians and corresponding members of domestic and foreign Academies of Sciences; 14 are State Prize laureates, 60 have honorary titles.
• The University is constantly a leader in the rating among the Ukrainian higher medical schools according to the results of the state licensed exams “STEP-M”, “STEP-1”, “STEP-2”, “STEP-3”.
• The University has elaborated a holistic approach as to the organizational, scientific and methodological aspects of the educational process. The clinical departments are provided with all the necessary equipment and demonstration aids: educational films, moulages, phantoms, diagnostic inventory – everything has been done for the educational process to meet the modern requirements.
• It is particularly important nowadays when the University has actively started the transformation of educational process according to the Bologna system.
About 4.7 thousand students study at Crimea State Medical University named after S. I. • Georgievsky, including 1.7 thousand foreign citizens from 40 countries of the world.
• Since 1999 English is the language of instruction, which makes CSMU attractive for foreign citizens coming here to study.
• For the constant development of cooperation with foreign countries and high quality of education the University was awarded the title of laureate in the rating of Ukrainian higher schools “Sofia Kievskaya – 2004”.
• Students are divided in group of 7-14 students’ batch, so each student get equal attention.
• In bologna system, before starting any topic, practical is done. And the interaction with the patient shall explain the disease well, than rest is done with the theory class,
• After completing each topic, exam will be held for that topic and grade will be given in the register,
Medium Of Study:
• Medium is in English medium only.
• There are 2 Semesters in the academic year:
• Autumn Semester — From September to January ,
• Spring Semester — From February to June.
• Marking Method for Students
• Ukrainian universities use a traditional 5-point scale:
“5” = “excellent”
“4” = “good”
“3” = “acceptable”
“2” = “unacceptable”.
“5”, “4”, “3” can be described as “Satisfactory”, “2” – as “Fail”.
• Students who get a failing grade of “2”, have two more chances to pass an examination. Since 2006 (and even earlier in some universities), university students are graded on a rating scale of 0 to 100.
• These grades can be transformed to the 5-point scale approximately as follows (this system may vary a little from university to university and may change from time to time):
from 91 to 100 means “5”
from 71 to 90 means “4”
from 51 to 70 means “3”
from 0 to 50 means “2”
• Both the rating scale and the 5-point scale are used in university registers.
• There are examinations at the end of both semesters.
• The dates of examinations (Session Period) are determined by the Rector, but the examination dates for individual disciplines within the session period are decided by students and faculty members by mutual agreement.
• Student’s performance during the Examinations is Graded as: «Satisfactory»; «Good»; «Excellent» or «Unsatisfactory».
• In order to appear for the exam, a Student must have passed all the Credit-Tests, and must have fulfilled the 100 % attendance
• All students have their vacations twice a year.
• Summer vacations: from July 1 to August 31.
• Winter vacations: from January 15 to February 7.
• CSMU has 5 hostels all are multi story buildings, situated in university campus only with fully furnished rooms, quite study environment.
• For the convenience of the students, they can choose their roommates; they can stay together if they belong to same city if they want,They can change the room if they needed
• There are several accommodation options for international students and it is important to consider whether you prefer an independent lifestyle or enjoy living in a community.
• All rooms in hostels are provided with internet facility.
• All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and number of conveniences. Dormitory rooms at hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room.
• All rooms are equipped with bed, mattress, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, Almira, heating, water system and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation. There are common areas where students can play and mingle. Upon the students arrival on campus, specific accommodations are assigned and after a satisfactory health report the student will be accommodated to the room which is allotted to him.
• Off campus housing can be obtained in nearby apartments. Available apartments and houses are furnished, and vary in size, cost and number of conveniences
• All the rooms are provided with heaters. Our hostels feature 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it. As a campus resident, you also have access to all support services such as campus Security Services, counseling Services and health Services.
• Health club, pool, sports and other facilities are available for the students
• If you take a University room, we’ll ask you to follow our basic regulations. These are to ensure that everyone can live together happily and safely, so include such things as no noise after 11pm and showing consideration for others
• Hostel fees depend upon the size of the dwelling space. This accommodation is available all the year round and for the whole period of training.
• University has its own mess system, where Indian food is available, veg and non veg meals available to choose for the students.
• Each Hostel has a separate kitchen provided for students to cook food to their own taste.
• Students will need to supply their own kitchen utensils. Meals may be bought from various food outlets.
• All types of vegetables, grains, pulses and fruits are available all around the yearIndian cooks are generally Panjabi and south IndianThey prepare delicious dishes every day,
• Mess managed by Indians only, so all care are taken to provide best foods.
• Students can feel like home made dishes
• Valid passport
• Class 12 mark or grade sheet
• Class 10 mark sheet
Tuition Fees /year
US$ 200 to 500
One time charge(1st year only)