· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the best and the largest medical university of Eastern
· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was established in 1930 as Donetsk Medical Institute.
In1994 DNMU was given the status of University and in 2008 DNMU has got the status of National Medical
University and it was renamed to Donetsk National Medical University.
· DNMU is counted as one of the best medical school in Ukraine and in all over Europe.
· The University is known as DNMU and it’s the abbreviated name of Donetsk National Medical University.
· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was the first medical university of Ukraine which was
· Donetsk National Medical University have the following campuses in Ukraine
· Mariupol Campus – in Mariupol city
· Kirovograd Campus- Kirovograd city
· Chernihiv Campus-Chernihiv city
· Donetsk National Medical University is registered with the world Medical Universities list.
· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was the first medical university in Ukraine and in Eastern
Europe who started the faculties of Medicine and Dentistry in English language for foreign students in 1991
after independence of Ukraine.
· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is attested according to the highest (the fourth) Level of
· The Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” activities confirm with The Constitution of Ukraine,
Ukrainian legislation, acts issued by the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Decrees of the
Health Department and Education Department of Ukraine, the University Rules.
· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the most attractive to foreign students among other
Ukrainian medical universities due to it’s highest ranking, high level of specialist training, high tech
laboratories, good knowledge of English language of the staff, campus system of the DNMU.
· Today more than 15000 students are studying at eight faculties of Donetsk National Medical University.
Among them there are about 4200 foreign students from Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan,
Turkmenistan, USA, UK, Germany, Poland, Greece, Israel, Turkey, India, Nepal, Srilanka, China, Malaysia,
Mauritius, Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Peru, Palestine, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Tunisia,
Kenya, Namibia, Zambia, Lebanon and other countries studying in the DNMU at the moment.
· Due to the high level of specialists training and considerably low tuition fees, DNMU is one of the most
attractive Ukrainian Medical Universities for the foreigners.
· In total more than 52,000 doctors, well-known scientists, researchers, health service organizers from
Ukraine, Russia, other CIS countries and as well as from 96 countries of the world from like Africa, Asia,
Europe and Americas have graduated from the Donetsk National Medical University Among them more than 8000
are foreign students.
· At present the total teaching staff at Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is 1147. Among them are 150 professors and 243 Associate Professors, academic title of doctors and candidate of medical sciences are respectively 117 and 449 people.
· In the Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) is a member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and two corresponding members of AMS of Ukraine,4 laureates of State Prize of Ukraine,18 distinguished scientists and engineers,8 distinguished doctors,2 Honoured worker of Education of Ukraine, 37 full members of international and departmental academies science,
· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” has been recognized the best training-methodical centre among Ukrainian medical universities in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 and was awarded with certificates from Ukrainian Health Ministry and Ministry of Education.
· Donetsk National Medical University is the regional centre for Bologna process managing in Ukraine.
· At the Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” there are eight faculties including preparatory faculty for foreign students. The Donetsk National Medical University trains specialists along the following education / qualification levels: Junior specialists, specialists, Masters for the following specialties:
· Public Health
· Post-Graduate Education
· Preparatory Department
· Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” provide training in English, Russian and in Ukrainian language in all faculties.
· According to the Ukrainian Health Ministry Order N°148 of March 22, 2004 DNMU has been appointed as Regional Centre of Bologna Process managing in Ukraine. In 2005/06 academic year, DNMU has started teaching its students in accordance with the Bologna Agreement on specialists training using the credit-modular system, and upon completion of their education the students will obtain the Specialist Degree of European standard.
· DNMU students will be able to study various academic modules at practically any European medical University and after getting the Specialist Degree they will have very attractive employment prospective
· The DNMU also got an array of libraries that not only provides books for the courses, but also for the general knowledge as the student’s desires. Most of them works till late night, that the student can work flexibly not looking at the time.
· The students of DNMU get their professional training at 26 specialized bases (including Donetsk multifield medical and preventive organizations and research institutes) and 28 highly equipped clinical bases (including main hospitals of Donetsk) under the supervision of highly qualified specialists.
· The Donetsk National Medical University provides its students with accommodation and study facilities. The students’ campus has 13 study buildings equipped with 37 computer classes and libraries, 9 hostels with reading halls and sports rooms, health centre for preventive care, stadium, sports and health service complexes, summer camping at the Severskiy Donets river.
· The Degree of the Donetsk National Medical University is prestigious and recognized in many countries of the world. Among former graduates of the University there are ministers and members of parliaments in various countries, outstanding scientists and famous specialists who founded their own clinics abroad.
· The Donetsk National Medical University’s long experience in training of foreign specialists, highly qualified teaching staff and modern facilities – all guarantee high level of theoretical and practical training to the students of the University.