MBBS IN UKRAINE
• Kharkiv is the second-largest city in Ukraine.
• Kharkiv is a major cultural, scientific, educational, transport and industrial centre of Ukraine,Kharkiv with 60 scientific institutes, 30 establishments of higher education, 6 museums, 7 theatres and 80 libraries.which are more compared to other cities of Ukraine
• There are hundreds of industrial companies in the city
• Moderate, The seasonal average temperatures are not too cold in winter, not too hot in summer: −4.6 °C (23.7 °F) in January, and +21.3 °C (70.34 °F) in July
• Kharkov is one of the largest transportation centre in Ukraine, which is connected to numerous cities of the world by air, rail and road traffic.
• The city has many transportation methods, including: public transport, Metro Train, taxies, railways, and air traffic.
• Kharkiv is well planned and well structured city of the Ukraine, where all latest technology and the facilities are easy accessible to the common people.
• Kharkov having more foreigners compare to other cities like Indians, Americans, Africans , Pakistani & gulf countries etc.
• Kharkov is free from racial and communal problems, All the major libraries are available in Kharkov.
• Due to more number of foreign nationals highly secured and well maintained city of Ukraine
MBBS IN UKRAINE
• Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) Ukraine is one of the oldest higher educational establishments of Ukraine.
• It was founded in 1805 as the Medical Faculty of the Kharkiv University.
• Kharkov Medical Institute, Kharkov National Medical University and Kharkov State Medical University are old names of Kharkiv National MedicalUniversity/KNMU
• Kharkiv National Medical University is best for foriegn students who want to Study Medicine in Ukraine.
• The Degree (MBBS, BDS, MD, MDS, MS, NURSING) of the Kharkov National Medical University (KNMU) is prestigious and recognized in many countries of the world.
• Among former graduates of the University there are ministers and members of parliaments in various countries, outstanding scientists and famous specialists who founded their own clinics abroad.
• Within the period of their studies the students undergo academic training in main medical specialties.
• They take part in examinations of patients, giving urgent aid, work at X-ray rooms, clinical and biochemical laboratories.
• Particular attention is paid to clinical rounds of patients, their management, filling in and arrangement of case histories with their subsequent analysis.
• Clinical and theoretical training of the students is performed at 56 departments of the University and the best clinics of Kharkiv with use of modern medical diagnostic and therapeutically equipment, computed provision of the academic process, a wide use of audio and video aids.
• Historically, Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) was the first higher medical educational institution in Ukraine.
• It was founded as the medical faculty of Kharkiv
• In 1920, the Medical Faculty was united with the Women’s Medical Institute, and Kharkiv Medical Academy was organized.
• In 1921, the Academy was renamed as Kharkiv Medical Institute.
• In 1994, the Institute served as a base for establishing Kharkov state Medical University.
• In 2007 Kharkiv state Medical University was renamed as Kharkiv National Medical University
• Since 1951 the University has been training specialists for foreign countries of the Eastern Europe, China, Mongolia, and since 1961 students from the countries of Asia, Africa, and Latin America have been studying here.
• Now, 1900 foreign citizens study at KNMU at the Medical and Dentistry Faculties, at the clinical postgraduate course. More than 3,600 specialists from 86 states of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Middle East have graduated from KNMU since 1951.
• Among them 12 Doctors and 90 Candidates of Medical Sciences, about 200 postgraduates.
• The languages of instruction for foreign students are Russian and English.
• KNMU has become an important centre for international students who need expert teaching in l learning.
• KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY has passed a glorious historical way from a faculty to a higher school, which trains both high-skilled doctors, pedagogical and scientific personnel for medicine.
• The Kharkiv medical school has been known outside the country.
• 1951 – the University was among the first higher schools, which began training medical personnel for different countries of the world.
• 1996 – Admission of students for the English medium training began.
• 2010 – The work of the Preparatory Department for foreign citizens was resumed; a specialized
• Reading hall began its functioning.
• The University has trained 4237 doctors from 86 countries of the world. Of them, there are 3 Doctors of Science and 70 Candidates of Medical Science, more than 200 residents. At present, 2500 international students, probationers, residents and postgraduates from 72 countries of the world study at the University.
• KNMU in MCI list
• The Medical course at the Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) takes six years and leads to MD (Doctor of Medicine) or MBBS.
• In the under graduate program, during six years of study the students learn different subjects from fundamental subjects disciplines to special medical subjects.
• This is an exciting time in medicine as we look forward to developing new avenues in health care excellence.
• The practice of medicine remains one of the most requested of all professions and we believe that the Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) is a perfect place to acquire medical knowledge and gain the degree.
• We believe students are enrolling in Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) for the right reasons – they want to provide care for people and they feel that as physicians they can make a difference in their communities.
• For that reason, we have great faith that there is a bright future for health care.
• The Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) is known nationally for its many innovative teaching, clinical training and research programs.
• Our award-winning faculty members constantly strive for innovation and excellence in the classroom, the laboratory and the clinic.
• Because the class size is relatively small, our faculty members get to know each student.
• It is one thing to say the University has terrific people and programs and another to prove it.
• Admission to the medical faculty takes place after signing a contract.
• Foreigners study in group of seven eight students.
• The second year students attend their clinical studies where they can gain experience in nursing the patients.
• Clinical subjects are taught beginning from the third year of study.
• Students can study any topic of interest and to rise their of knowledge in the departments.
• All six years of the program are important and all must be passed successfully before students are permitted to graduate.
• The medium of instruction in the Medical faculty is English and Russian language.
• The Ministry of education and Ministry of Public health Ukraine approved the curriculum of the medical faculty of Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU).
• Most of the countries accept the Kharkiv National Medical University’s (KNMU) diploma.
• The state final examinations on all the disciplines according to the syllabus are held within one system through 2 stages:
• Testing practical proficiency of final-year students (when exams on clinical disciplines are taken, testing takes place at the patient’s bed)
• Testing scientific/theoretical proficiency.
• The successful students who will complete study of five years, then on graduation work for another year under probation in order to gain general registration.
• There is a wide range of specialization available in the public and private sectors, involving research, academic medicine, public health, clinical medicine and other areas.
• Specialties include Cardiology, Oncology, Pediatrics, Psychological Medicine, Surgery, Pathology, Public Health, General Practice and many others.
• Most doctors complete postgraduate training in their chosen specialty.
• The University is currently training about 7,000 students, among them 2150 foreign citizens, and its academic staff consists of more than 630 teachers, including 102 Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 387 Candidates of Medical Science, 32 members of academies, 17 Honored Scientists. Number of teaching/academic staff involved in teaching foreign students: total – 186, among them: doctors of sciences, professors (%) – 12.4; candidates of sciences, assistant professors (%) – 65.6.
• Is a member of the International Association of Universities, registered under UNESCO;
has 7 Faculties, two of them 2 – training international students. Future doctors study in such specialties as General Medicine, Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine, Stomatology and receive the education-qualification level of a Specialist;
• Has 66 Departments, whose faculty numbers 821 specialists in sciences and pedagogy; of them, there are 122 Doctors of Medical Science and Professors, and 459 Candidates of Medical Science and Associate Professors.
• Has a high personnel potential: 5 corresponding members of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 17 Honored Workers of Science and Engineering of Ukraine, 3 Honored Workers of Higher School of Ukraine, 13 Honored Doctors of Ukraine, 8 winners of the State Prize of Ukraine in the fields of science and engineering, 28 members of public Academies of Ukraine; 28 members of international medical association;
• Trains over 7000 students, interns, masters, clinical postgraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates
• Is a modern multi-type educational establishments with its powerful scientific, material and technical basis, with use of up-to-date technical information technologies: multimedia, computers, particularly there is wireless Internet access ( Wi-Fi ) in all educational buildings of the University
• Has 5 specialized academic councils for defending Doctor’s and Candidates thesis in 11 medical specialties;
• Has the Central Research Laboratory, 4 problem laboratories, the Educational Scientific Centerbased on classrooms for phantom techniques of education and computerized classrooms, and theComputerCenter;
• Has the Scientific Library, whose fund comprises over 1 million copies (including those in the English language), with 11 reading halls and 2 rooms of electronic information; the electronic catalogue is continuously replenished; the repository of KhNMU is in operation;
• Is the place for functioning of 18 scientific-pedagogical schools;
• Took part in 126 international and 340 Ukrainian scientific forums;
• Cooperates with 18 foreign medical institutions;
• Participates in the realization of 16 international projects; 65 of its workers are members of 67 foreign scientific and medical organizations
• Has the Coordinating Council of students’ self-government;
• Has the communityMuseumof History of KhNMU, which in 2011 was awarded the title “The Perfect Museum”;
• Issues its newspaper The Medical University;
• Has six hostels, where each room has an access to Internet;
• Has its YouthCenter;
• Has its complex for physical education and health improvement;
• Has its sports-health camp “Medic”;
• Received a title of honor “The leader of National Education” at the XII International Exhibition “The Modern Education in Ukraine”.
• The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine provides and guarantees the quality of education of international students studying in Ukraine.
• International students obtain state-registered degree at Higher Educational Establishments which are officially licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
• In such manner various universities, academies and institutes are not only accredited, but also licensed to organize higher education for international students.
• International students wishing to study in English medium may get admissions at once to the first course through coordinating companies, which also must be licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science.
• Those applicants who decide to study in Russian medium must start with the language course (foundation year).
• The language course primarily contains Russian language classes and disciplines related to the future specialty.
• Kharkov National Medical University is recognized by the World Health Organization (W.H.O), U.S. Education Department, General Council of Medicine and Medical Council of India.
• After obtaining Degree of Kharkov National Medical University, the students are eligible for applying in United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and The Professional Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) of the United Kingdom (UK).
Medium Of Study:
• Medium is in English medium only.
• There are 2 Semesters in the academic year:
• Autumn Semester — From September to January ,
• Spring Semester — From February to June.
For 6 years of training 13,474 hours out of them:
• Humanitarian subjects — 1,576 hours
• Social-economic subjects — 432 hours
• Fundamental /general scientific/ subjects — 2,180 hours
• Professionally oriented subjects — 6,098 hours
• Elective courses — 324 hours
• Practical training — 972 hours
• Subinternship /in the 6-th year — 1,892 hours
• There are examinations at the end of both semesters.
• The dates of examinations (Session Period) are determined by the Rector, but the examination dates for individual disciplines within the session period are decided by students and faculty members by mutual agreement.
• Student’s performance during the Examinations is Graded as: «Satisfactory»; «Good»; «Excellent» or «Unsatisfactory».
• In order to appear for the exam, a Student must have passed all the Credit-Tests, and must have fulfilled the 100 % attendance
• All students have their vacations twice a year.
• Summer vacations: from July 1 to August 31.
• Winter vacations: from January 15 to February 7.
• Kharkiv National Medical University has a very good hostel system with fully furnished rooms, quite study environment and surrounded with recreation center.
• For the convenience of the students, they can choose their roommates; they can stay together if they belong to same city if they want,
• They can change the room if they needed
• There are several accommodation options for international students and it is important to consider whether you prefer an independent lifestyle or enjoy living in a community.
• Combine the convenience of living on or near campus, access to programs and services to help you excel academically, the opportunity to build lasting friendships, and comfortable, affordable living and you have the life of a University.
• The territory of the University and the main students’ routes from the hostels to the educational buildings are protected and patrolled by officers of guard service.
• All rooms in hostels are provided with internet facility.
• Rooms on campus are available to students. All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and number of conveniences.
• Dormitory rooms at hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room.
• All rooms are equipped with bed, mattress, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, Almira,heating, water system and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation.
• There are common areas where students can play and mingle.
• Upon the students arrival on campus, specific accommodations are assigned and after a satisfactory health report the student will be accommodated to the room which is allotted to him.
• Off campus housing can be obtained in nearby apartments.
• Available apartments and houses are furnished, and vary in size, cost and number of conveniences.
• Life in Kharkov is friendly and devoid rush.
• While at first some students may miss their home environment, native foods, or a hurried pace, they soon learn to appreciate and enjoy a cultural different their own.
• All the rooms are provided with heaters.
• Our hostels feature 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it.
• As a campus resident, you also have access to all support services such as campus Security Services, counseling Services and health Services.
• If you take a University room, we’ll ask you to follow our basic regulations.
• These are to ensure that everyone can live together happily and safely, so include such things as no noise after 11pm and showing consideration for others
• Accommodation for the foreign students is provided by typical student hostels rated at 2,422 lodgers.
• Hostel fees depend upon the size of the dwelling space.
• This accommodation is available all the year round and for the whole period of training.
• But foreign students prefer rented flat/accommodation
• University has its own mess system, where Indian food is available, veg and non veg meals available to choose for the students
• Each Hostel has a separate kitchen provided for students to cook food to their own taste.
• Students will need to supply their own kitchen utensils.
• Meals may be bought from various food outlets.
• All types of vegetables, grains, pulses and fruits are available all around the year
• Indian cooks are generally Panjabi and south Indian
• They prepare delicious dishes every day.
• Mess managed by Indians only, so all care are taken to provide best foods.
• Students can feel like home made dishes
• V.N karazin & KNMU has join mess, it is one of the best mess in all the universities in the Ukraine and Russia
1. Valid passport
2. Class 12 mark or grade sheet
3. Class 10 mark sheet
Tuition Fees /year
One time charge(1st year only)
Total in US $ 1st year
Estimate in INR 1st year
Total in US $ 2nd to 6th year
Estimate in INR 2nd to 6th year